In a slightly blue mood today so let’s see if I can cheer myself up by recalling some happy things.
– Paint, ceramics, music on my iPod (preferably retro doowop music or Christmas tunes), a cup of tea and me. Recipe for a couple of hours of bliss. ♥
– I’m getting my fill of jazz and swing these few days. ♪Fly me to the moon, let me sing among the stars~ ♪
– Got to see the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. So much fun in spite of the chill!
– Strolling around High Street and such with a friend makes for a pretty good afternoon.
– Copic markers make me happy. I feel like buying every single colour available in the art shop…
– Listening to the BBC Proms’ special performance of Rodgers & Hammerstein music = a pleasantly contented me, who then wants to go around singing songs from R&H shows, like “June is Bustin’ Out All Over” (Carousel) and “Shall We Dance” (The King and I) and “Edelweiss” (The Sound of Music) and so on.
– Dressing up a little to go to the theatre or hear a concert is always nice, even if there’s no one but me to appreciate the look. Like that song in Hello, Dolly! – ♪Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out … Dressed like a dream your spirits seem to turn about…♪ Not that it necessarily lifts my spirits tremendously, but it feels nice to have a good reason to turn out elegant or chic. Or at least to try to dress that way. hahah
– Isaac Asimov short stories. They rock. His treatment of human psychology and (imaginary) robot psychology is always, always fantastic.
– First (and probably last) rainbow I’ve seen in Edinburgh or in the UK:
A reminder of God’s promises.